The COVID-19 pandemic left a lasting impact on every aspect of work, including Human Resources. Organizations needed to quickly reevaluate their HR processes to make them more accessible for remote and front-line employees.
Enter HR digital transformation. According to LinkedIn, this encapsulates the process of traditional HR operations migrating to a digital environment. HR professionals can use digital tools to streamline processes and make better data-driven decisions to improve employee engagement,
Read on to learn more about the benefits of digital transformation and how to implement a successful HR digital transformation strategy.
Signs that Your HR Department Needs a Digital Overhaul
How do you know it’s time to invest in a digital HR transformation course? Here are a handful of common signs that your HR department can benefit from a digital overhaul:
- Manual processes and outdated systems are slowing processes down
- Inefficient data management makes decision-making difficult
- Lack of employee engagement is taking a toll on productivity
- Compliance and regulatory processes aren’t being followed
Benefits of HR Digital Transformation
While undertaking such a drastic change can feel daunting, the HR digital transformation benefits are too great to ignore.
- Streamline HR processes and increase efficiency with tailored HR tech
- Enhance analytics capabilities to make strategic and efficient hiring decisions
- Improve the employee experience and engagement with the right digital tools
- Effective compliance management creates a safe, welcoming work environment
Challenges of HR Digital Transformation
When creating an HR digital transformation roadmap, it’s important to acknowledge the potential challenges you may face along the way.
- Change can be difficult for employees and HR teams alike, you want to ensure they utilize the new digital tools
- Data security and privacy are paramount when migrating HR data to online platforms
- Training HR teams and employees on new tools can be time-consuming
- Digital transformation is a continuous process that requires constant monitoring
5 Steps to Kick-Start Your HR Digital Transformation Journey
With all this information in mind, you’re ready to take the first steps to make your organization more efficient. Follow these steps to kick-start your HR digital transformation strategy.
- Assess your current HR system and processes: It’s time to part ways with manual and outdated HR systems and processes.
- Define your goals for transformation: Consider what you want to achieve from transformation. This can be anything from improving the hiring process to improving employee engagement.
- Identify areas that can benefit from becoming digital: Be specific about the areas that can move online, such as paperless employee onboarding.
- Ensure employees are ready for change: Take time to explain to stakeholders why digital transformation is required and prepare to help them through the process.
- Choose the right HR tech and tools: Invest in the right tools, technology, and automation that will be the foundation of your digital transformation.
Leveraging the Right Tools for HR Digital Transformation
According to the Society for Human Resource Management, automation and artificial intelligence continue to play a major role in the evolution of the workplace. It’s the task of HR to lead this transformation.
It’s essential for HR to invest in the best tools and technology to stay ahead of digital transformation. This includes everything from employee mobile apps and cloud-based management systems to data analytics and AI-powered solutions.
Learn more about how ATS and onboarding software from iTacit can make life easier for managers and human resource teams undergoing HR digital transformation.