E-signatures for employees in the new normal: Forrester’s findings and recommendationsSignatures aren’t just important for delivery drivers and repair receipts—they’re crucial for tracking compliance for employees and business processes, too.
Here are a few of the most relevant statistics found in Forrester’s report:
- Over 60% of surveyed business leaders said that eSignatures are necessary for their business to stay competitive.
- Universally, respondents knew that e-signatures are more budget-friendly, boost employee productivity, and also integrate with “everyday productivity applications”.
- 58% stated that since the COVID-19 pandemic started, more and more of their coworkers and competitors are rolling out electronic signature solutions.
- Digitizing document processes and document workflows is firmly connected to a better employee experience, 40% of respondents noted.
- 77% have decided that they search for e-signatures as a key part of any digital document solution when looking to purchase or upgrade.
Who is using eSignatures?It’s not just customers signing for deliveries who should learn to appreciate e-signatures: Forrester notes in the final recommendations section that it’s key to view document digitization as an opportunity for the whole workforce—not just front staff and management teams. The report closes with this reminder. Interestingly, e-signatures and digital documents are still seeing less use by departments that aren’t customer-facing. In another report by Forrester and Adobe, when asked which of their departments were digitizing their document processes, only 35% and 28% of operations and human resources, respectively, said that they were digital.
The operations opportunity for e-signaturesWith the findings showing that e-signatures (and digitized documents as a whole) aren’t seeing as much use by departments like operations, it’s worth highlighting why they should be. Digital documentation use by department (Forrester)
- Automation is on the mind of every leader responsible for digital transformation. When the best platforms are automating signature processes to make employees more productive, it’s time to explore how to apply that to your operations and HR departments.Signatures are just one of the many cogs in the employee experience wheel that can be digitized and automated. Sign-offs for safety checks, approvals and receipts are all tasks that benefit from being searchable and digital.
- The typical office structure has changed with remote teams and work-at-home setups. By implementing e-signatures as a baked-in part of your employees’ digital workplace, their true value will shine more quickly than you may think.Onboarding, routine training and screening processes can be streamlined with e-signatures. And if they’re part of your employee app, they’ll be sent to direct reports upon completion.
- When signatures are stored digitally, security risks and the potential for lost documentation go down. Forrester’s findings show that workplaces that aren’t using e-signatures and similar digital document processes are placing individuals at 10x the risk.